Keeping your scrapbook tools and supplies organized is a huge factor in how often you scrapbook and how much you enjoy yourself in the process. If it takes you hours to dig out all your gear and get it set up … you’ll be less likely to scrapbook unless you have hours and hours of free time on your hands. And, if you’re like me, that rare event comes around only once in a blue moon.
With a few simple organizing strategies and handy storage solutions, you can strike this obstacle to scrapbooking happiness off your list! Using just a little bit of creative ingenuity and a fresh eye on some everyday storage containers, you’ll have your gear organized in no time!
simple storage solutions for scrapbooking
- What’s hiding under your bed … nothing? Gone are the days of worries over monsters … now, having nothing under your bed simply means: storage opportunity! Under-bed storage solutions abound so find one to hold your scrapbook supplies. Visit the container store and search for “under bed.”
- Use over-the-door shoe bags to store stamping supplies, decorative scissors, punches, and other small items used for scrapping.
- Store essential scrapbook supplies in your garage, basement or closet near your scrapbook work space using drawer systems with removable bins. The removable bins make it easy to transport your supplies from your storage area to your work area.
- Repurpose kitchen organizing products for a higher purpose: scrapbooking! Use a kitchen tool organizer, like the tool turn-about from pampered chef to keep often used scrap tools such as markers, scissors, pens and glue stick in easy reach.
- Carve out extra space in your closet to store scrapbook tools and supplies. By freeing up 12″ of hanging space, you can add six shelves to store cardstock and other scrapbook supplies. Look for canvas shelf organizers to put the vertical space in your closet to great use!
- Retrofit a galvanized tote or wicker baskets to create a stylish storage system your scrapbook paper and cardstock. Look for a basket or other container large enough to hold a 12 x 12 hanging folder frame, like the one by scrapbook solutions. Add some 12 x 12 file folders and your papers will be organized. Plus, you’ve added a classy touch to your scrapbook space.
- Organize your ideas! Corral your scrapbook design and page layout ideas into a three ring binder. Add binder tab dividers to group like ideas together. For example, you could devote one section to color combinations you like, another section to design and layout ideas, and another section for photography tips and ideas. Use business card holders and card stock scraps to create an easy-to-customize index for your binder.
- Label your supplies to make them easy to find! Using opaque storage containers with labels gives you a streamlined look while still knowing exactly where everything is!
repurposed storage solutions for creative supplies
Look for vintage and unique containers to add a touch of style to your scrap space. Here are some items to search for:
- metal lunch boxes
- wire locker baskets
- pottery and glassware
- antique mail sorters
- metal boxes like lunch boxes, mail boxes, or tool boxes
- old suitcases
- vintage hat boxes
- wooden boxes like vintage wine crates and soda crates
- enamelware and refrigerator glass containers
- steel film reel canisters
- antique card catalog file
- glass jars
- small ceramic bowls
Most of all, remember to have fun and make your creative space a place that inspires you and makes you happy.
No comments yet.