Whether you scrapbook at the kitchen table or have a room dedicated for your passion, creating a space you want to spend time in means setting up a space that works for you: it’s organized and it reflects your style and taste. If you’re looking to set up, revamp, or recharge your scrap space … read on. Below you’ll find resources to help you infuse organization and inspiration into your scrap space.
Ideas for the Dedicated Scrapbook Room
Ah … you’ve dreamed about it for years … creating a place of your very own to scrapbook … your creative space … your haven.
Creating your very own space for scrapbooking and other creative endeavors is one of life’s little luxuries. Yet sometimes, it can be challenging to pull it all together. Let’s face it … creative and organized can be polar opposites and infusing both into the same space … one of life’s seven wonders. The happy scrapper e-book takes the mystery out of setting up an organized and inspiring creative space. You’ll get a checklist of “must-haves” plus a list of luxury add-ons to make your space work for you!
Here are some ideas from the happy scrapper to get you started.
- Invest in stylish organizing solutions for your work space. The russell + hazel collator and 3-ring binders make getting organized a stylish proposition! Use the collator to store scrapbook paper or works-in-process in arms reach. Use a 3-ring binder to organize your scrapbook ideas for layout, design, color combos and more!
- Include a standing work surface in your scrap studio. If you love to scrapbook on your feet — a standing space is a must for your studio. Stay comfy on your feet by investing in a comfortable standing surface or ultra comfy shoes. Ergonomic floor mats (also known as anti-fatigue mats) can help you go the distance when you scrapbook. These mats are designed for production environments … but … if you do a lot of scrapping on your feet, they may give you the extra dose of comfort you need to go the distance. (Wouldn’t you just love an excuse to scrapbook a little, bit longer?) Check out http://www.ergoweb.com/and search for an article on points to consider when buying a ergo mat. If an ergo mat isn’t in your plans … how about some foot friendly shoes? Check out http://www.dansko.com/ to learn more!
- Infuse your space with inspiration. Kid’s artwork, mementos from favorite vacations, pottery from your high school art class (that you wouldn’t dream of displaying in other areas of your home) are perfect in your scrap space!
- Keep your goals and design ideas in sight. Install a large bulletin board or magnetic board on a wall in your space. The ideal location is in your line of sight when you’re sitting or standing at your workspace. Then, tack up design ideas, your latest creations, or to display some of your kid’s artwork!
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Be sure your scrap space has sufficient lighting to avoid eye strain and ensure your pages turn out the way you want (no mismatched colors for you!) Verilux lamps can help shed light on your scrap space.
- Get help pulling it all together. If you’re having trouble pulling your space together … get some help! Ask a trusted friend, pick up a guide book like the happy scrapper, or invest in the services of a professional organizer. simplify 101 has coaching services available to clients world-wide. simplify 101 can help you create an organized and inspiring scrap space!
No comments yet.