If you find yourself in the midst of this holiday season wishing to trade in all the hustle and bustle for a bit more happiness, you’re not alone! Here’s a collection of some of my top holiday planning tips to help you create a merrier season.
- Take a look at your ongoing tasks and activities, and see what can be eliminated or deferred until after the holidays. During the holidays, we often try to add so many other activities into our already full calendars. What can you set aside in order to fit in the extra holiday events?
- If you’re faced with a particularly daunting item on your holiday to-do list, break it down into bite-sized steps to make it more manageable. For example, rather than putting “send holiday cards” on your to-do list, break it up into “order cards, write X cards per day, address cards, stamp and mail cards.” By checking the individual steps off your list, you’ll feel more motivated to complete the project.
- Make a list of everyone you need to buy gifts for and any ideas you have in mind. Then, keep your list with you throughout the season. Whether it’s in a holiday binder, on a piece of notepaper, or on your smart phone, having the list with you will help you avoid overbuying, overspending, or making the last-minute shopping trip for the gift you forgot!
- The best gift you can give your loved ones this holiday season is your own joy and happiness. Sometimes we can get so caught up in buying or making gifts that we lose sight of this. Focus on joy and you’ll make this the best holiday season for you and your loved ones!
- Make a holiday to-do list. Prioritize the tasks that are most important and most meaningful to you and your loved ones. This way, you are sure to cover the activities that matter and know which ones you can let slide.
- Let go of “should” and instead ask “what if?” Asking what if can help you realize that some of your expectations may be unrealistic.
- Make gratitude part of a daily phone call or email chat with a friend or loved-one. Making a concerted effort to focus on gratitude creates a foundation of joy to carry you through the hectic holiday season.
There you go! Print these out. Pin them. Tweet them. Share them. Do whatever you need to do to remind yourself of these tips throughout the next few weeks of holiday hubub. I hope some of these will inspire you and help you to more fully enjoy the season!
Latest posts by Aby Garvey (see all)
- A Fun Way To Reduce Post-Holiday Clutter - November 27, 2016
- Get Organized for Back to School: 5 Tried and True Systems - August 4, 2016
- How to Choose Paint Colors - May 30, 2016