In prior blog posts I’ve mentioned that we’ve been busy working on a lot of changes here at simplify 101. And today, after countless hours of work and more sweat and tears than we ever could have imagined while standing at the starting line, today you get glimpse at one of those changes: our new website is live! We’re so excited. (And so relieved…this was a really big project!)
Aside from obvious changes like a new color palette, we’ve also built in features to make the site easier for you to use. Here’s a quick tour:
- New streamlined home page. We simplified our home page to make it easier to find the info you’re after.
- New organizing tips section. We’ve added a bunch of organizing tips to the site which came from my weekly quick tip email and monthly newsletter…and there’s more to come. Plus, we added new categories and navigation to make it easier to find the ideas you’re after depending on the organizing project you’re working on.
- Site-wide search. If you’ve ever wondered what a tickler file is or lost track of the year of organizing checklist posts, no worries. The search feature will help you find what you’re looking for.
- New blog and banner. The blog has been redesigned as well. Moving the blog content (over 1000 posts!) from our old service provider onto our main site was an enormous undertaking, which has some fun benefits for you. Aside from having all of simplify 101′s content on one site which will make it easier to find the ideas you need, you’ll also find that having a conversation on this now blog will be much easier (and more pleasant) now. We also added social media buttons to make it easier to share posts and ideas you like on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. Hooray!
- New printables section. We organized all of our freebies together into one spot on the website. Yay!
- Online program. We consolidated all of the information about our organizing workshops into a single section of our site. There you can see our workshop catalog for online / expert guided workshops as well as instant download / self-paced workshops. There’s also easier access to info about how our workshops work and the differences between the various options. It is our hope that how we’ve presented our workshops now will make it easier for you to figure out which options are best for you.
- 2013 schedule. You asked for it, you got it: a look ahead at what’s in the works for 2013. The schedule includes when we plan to run existing workshops as well as a glimpse at what is in the works for a new workshop or two.
- Longer access to your instructor. This is another you asked for it, you got it. Our six lesson workshops now include eight weeks of access to your instructor giving you more time to take action on the content and get answers to your questions.
- Login link on every page. We made it easier for our workshop participants to access their workshops. No matter where you are on the site, in the top site navigation at the far right corner is a link to login to your workshop – hooray!
So there’s a super quick overview of the new site. I hope you enjoy exploring it, reading the new content, and discovering old content you haven’t seen before. Thanks for stopping by to take a look…and keep coming back. We’ve got a few more new things in the works.