Happy Friday my friends! I hope you had a great week. Ours was action packed, with two online classes just getting underway. Whew! I’m ready for a little R & R…but based on my weekend plans it might be a little while before I get some. How about you? Do you have a busy weekend planned, or do your plans call for some relaxation and recovery from a crazy week? Regardless, if you’re looking for extra motivation to have some fun and get stuff done, please join me for Finish It Friday by sharing your to-do list in the comments! I’d love to hear from you.
- Run 4 miles. Nope. No new shoes yet (boo!) and I think the old ones are starting to create problems.
- Attend Get Organized St. Louis Expo. If you’re local and are interested in attending, the details are below. I will be doing a general organizing Q&A at the end of the program and Janine Adams who teaches our Habits + Routines workshop is one of the speakers. I’d love to see you there! Check! It was really great.
Who: National Association of Professional Organizers-St. Louis Chapter
What: The chapter will present on the following organizing topics: Home Office/Papers, Productivity/Time Management, Garage/Basements
Where: St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., Cottleville, MO 63376.
When: Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 8:00am-12:30pm.
Why: To provide an educational program for the public on the importance of order in home and work, and give solutions to the organizing challenges we face today.
Cost: $49 (March 22 , $59 at the door (if tickets are available)
Go here to learn more about Get Organized St. Louis.
- Watch NCAA basketball. I love, love, love this tournament. (Go Michigan State!) Check! (Yay!)
- Laundry Check!
- Meal Plan / Grocery Shop Check!
- Get shoes. Keep your fingers crossed that my shoes arrive! I’d really like this task to fall off my to-do list completely. Not yet, see above.
- Get hairspray. Now this seems like a really random thing for the Finish It Friday list, but Beauty Brands is having a $7.98 hairspray sale. Since it isn’t part of my normal routine to go there…I’m adding it to my Finish It Friday list just so I’m extra motivated to make sure it happens. Check!
- Project Life. Photo editing and ordering prints. (It’s official. I am behind. But I will not stop this year. No I won’t.) As of the time of updating this, I have a partial check. But…I’m off to do more.
- Add-ons: 1) I finished a lingering task (made a little clipboard for Janine which has been on my to-list for way, way too long. It feels so good to finish lingering tasks that I want to find more lingering tasks to finish. Don’t worry…I won’t have to look far.) 2) I compiled our tax documents. (It probably seems late, but when you run a business you’re always doing something tax related all year long, so I always need a little break before doing the personal taxes.) 3) I cleaned out my goody bag from Healthy Living Expo.
Alight…that is the plan so far. I’m sure lots of little things will get filled into the cracks…but it’s a good start to a plan for the weekend.
Hope you have a great weekend! If you’re local and can make it to the Organizing Expo, let me know you’ll be there so we can connect. Thanks!
Latest posts by Aby Garvey (see all)
- 5 Back-to-School Tips - July 16, 2014
- 5 Summer Organization Tips - July 11, 2014
- Organizing Tips: Two questions to ask while sorting. - July 1, 2014