I hope you had a terrific week. It has been a good one here, but I really can’t believe it is May. My sense of time still seems to be a bit off kilter. It all started last year in May when my Dad started to rapidly decline. It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since everything got so crazy.
It’s also hard to believe that summer break starts for my kids in 19 days! This kind of stuff sneaks up on you when your concept of time is off kilter. Very soon I will have a kiddo headed to high school. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know that when I started simplify 101 he started kindergarten. Isn’t that crazy?
I wonder when it is really going to hit me that Collin is going to high school. High School. Sometimes these things hit me at exactly the wrong time. For example, when he “graduated” from primary elementary school (K through 2) to intermediate elementary school, I hadn’t expected that to be so emotional. It hit me just as I was telling his principal how much he had enjoyed her school and how much I appreciated her and the school. All of a sudden, mid-sentence, I turned into a weepy mess. Nice. This makes me realize that right now I’m an emotional time bomb…just not sure when I’m going to blow.
This really has nothing to do with getting ourselves organized for the weekend, it’s just a little slice of life and a peek inside what’s going on around here. It’s also a little head’s up in case you see me out in the world and I start crying for no apparent reason. You’ll know what’s really going on.
Alright. Onto the main event: the weekend to-do list.
- Run. Geez, I haven’t run much this week. I ran outside once, in my hilly neighborhood, on the hottest day yet. That was fun (not.). That, along with a bunch of track meets, seems to have temporarily squelched my enthusiasm. So this weekend I must fit in 7 miles to keep on pace with my goal. Check and check! I ran 3 miles on Friday and 4 on Saturday.
- Wine night. This month we’re headed to a little winery in town. Should be fun. Check! And it was really fun.
- Project Life. Edit and print. I made progress last weekend…but still more to go to get caught up. (More on this later. I’m planning a 13 in 13 check in post.) No check.
- Purchase, wrap and mail Mother’s Day gift. Check!
- Summer plans. Kailea asked if we could make a summer bucket list. I love that this is her idea. I was kind of dreading it because last summer just took on a life of its own. But now that she wants to do one…it feels fun again. I also need to begin filling out some forms for camps. We’re going to do far fewer camps this year, which is really a huge relief to me! Less running around. Yay! Check! I spent a lot of time planning and putting things in the calendar, filling out some forms for camp, realizing I need to schedule a camp / sports physical, etc. And Kailea and I did a little summer bucket list. If the sun would come back to Edwardsville, it would really help me feel like summer was in fact coming!
- Bed shopping. Check. What a process.
- Laundry. Check!
- Meal plan and grocery shop. Check!
Latest posts by Aby Garvey (see all)
- Clutter Hotspots: Organizing Photos and Memorabilia - August 8, 2014
- Painting Ideas: How to Make Chalk Paint (and Use It) - August 7, 2014
- Back-to-School Organization Ideas: Stuff to Sell + Books - August 7, 2014