Step 2: Create a Personalized Organizing Plan (In Home Consultation)
During our first session, we’ll put together a personalized organizing plan—one that tells you exactly where to start and the steps to take to achieve your vision for your home. If you’re currently feeling overwhelmed or uncertain about how to get started on your organizing journey, after the in-home consultation you’ll feel relieved, motivated and ready to go!
The process begins with an eye-opening and insightful questionnaire. As you answer the questions, you’ll begin pinpointing your goals for getting organized and you’ll develop a clear understanding of past obstacles.
Next, I’ll review your questionnaire in detail and begin the process of developing your customized organizing plan. The process concludes with an in-home appointment, where you and I will tour your home. I’ll take a look at how things currently flow in your home, where items naturally land, what’s working for you, and we’ll talk about the changes you’d like to make. After our tour, we'll finalize your plan by creating a project list and breaking it down into simple action steps you can take to accomplish your organizing goals.
After the consultation, you'll feel motivated and confident. You'll know exactly what to do to create the changes you want in your home.
For some clients, this is all they need to create the results they want. For others, in-home organizing sessions are the next step.
This package includes:
- An insightful and eye-opening organizing questionnaire. This will lay the foundation for building your Personalized Organizing Plan and help you become clear about why past attempts to get organized didn’t work or didn’t stick.
- My review of your questionnaire before we meet. I'll arrive for the in-home consultation with a good understanding of your goals for getting more organized, as well as what's currently standing in your way.
- An in-home consultation. During this 3-hour meeting you’ll get on-the-spot tips, ideas, and plan-building.
- Your Personalized Organizing Plan. This maps out exactly where to begin on your organizing journey, plus outlines bite-sized action steps to achieve your organizing goals.
- A copy of the Help! I Don’t Know Where to Begin organizing mini-guide that details a simple, decluttering process and takes the guesswork out of getting started decluttering.
- A copy of my Organizing 101 self-paced workshop delivered in PDF format. This will reinforce and expand on the ideas we discuss during our consultation.
Note: If you want to organize several rooms in your home or your entire home, it is recommended you start with the Personalized Organizing Plan package. This will give you the foundation necessary to move forward together or on your own. If you want to organize a single space that is covered by one of my Services Packages (kitchen, creative space, closets, or paper) then you can skip the Personalized Organizing Plan step and move right onto the in-home organizing package of your choice.
Ready to get started or learn more? Email me to set up your complimentary Get Acquainted Call.
This package is available to customers looking for in-home professional organizing services in the St. Louis metro area. If you live outside the St. Louis area, please check out our coaching program.