Organize Your Paper Clutter Expert-Guided Online Workshop (July 2013)
A fun + fresh approach to ending paper clutter!
Are you tired of living with paper clutter and the stress it creates? If so, you’re in good company. Paper clutter is one of the most common organizing challenges people face—even in this “paperless” society. Maybe you can relate to these common situations:
- Do you stack papers on your counters or desk because you simply don’t know what else to do with them?
- Are you unsure which papers you really need to keep and for how long?
- Are you frustrated by the amount of paper coming into your home because it seems like more than you can possibly handle?
- Are you tired of living with paper-cluttered surfaces and the uneasiness that comes from not feeling on top of your paper?
- Do you want to break the habit of stuffing papers into boxes or bags to deal with later?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Organize Your Paper Clutter is for you! You’ll find out exactly how to solve your paper organizing challenges once and for all. You’ll learn what paper to keep (and for how long), plus you’ll find out how to organize it so you can find it again when you need it. When you complete this class, you’ll know how to organize every piece of paper in your home, plus you’ll be using simple systems that make it easy to stay on top of your paperwork. Your piles (and your stress) will be replaced by organizing systems that work for you, along with feelings of confidence, relief and peace of mind.
How will you benefit from taking this workshop?
- Understand the root cause of your paper clutter—and what to do about it. This class shows you real world solutions that are easy to set up and use.
- Set up customized systems that work for you and how you naturally do things. If you’re a piler this class won’t try to turn you into a filer. Instead, you’ll create systems work with your natural tendencies, and fit into your home.
- Find out the best ways to organize and store each type of paper in your home, so you can find it again right when you need it,
- Find out exactly where to start organizing your paper, and get a step-by-step plan to navigate your way through your entire paper backlog. The process is bite-size and focused, so you won’t get overwhelmed.
- Deal with your most important paper first. You’ll quickly say goodbye to sleepless nights worrying about misplaced bills and other documents that have gone missing in the stacks.
- Stay motivated and on-track. For 8 weeks, Monday through Friday organizing expert Aby Garvey will be on-hand to answer your questions, so you won’t get stuck!
- The lessons (and accompanying worksheets) are provided as colorful, printable, editable pdfs that you can download and save forever on your computer or tablet. Take notes directly on your printouts and use them to create an action plan for organizing your paper.
- Each lesson is also provided in audio (MP3) format so you can listen and learn on the go—in your car, on your commute to work, at the gym or while cleaning your house. You decide!
- Get six lessons released on Thursdays over the course of eight weeks, giving you bite-sized content that’s easy to digest and put into action.
Format: Expert-guided, online course with lessons released weekly.
Instructor: Aby Garvey
Start Date: July 11, 2013
End Date: September 5, 2013 (This is the final day of instructor participation.)
Duration: 6 lessons, 8 weeks
Schedule: View the workshop syllabus
Access to private online classroom: 1 year
Registration Status: Registration will close on July 24, 2013. Update: Registration is now closed. To be notified of upcoming sessions of this workshop, please join our workshop notification email list. You may purchase the materials from this workshop as a self-paced workshop.
Here’s what you get with Organize Your Paper Clutter:
My name is Aby Garvey and I’m the founder and co-owner of simplify 101. I created Organize Your Paper Clutter after working with countless clients who struggle with managing the overwhelming amount of paper in their lives, even in this “digital” age! This workshop contains the processes I use to stay on top of my own paper, and this is the same process I use to set up paper systems for my one-on-one clients.
In Lesson 1: Laying the Foundation, you’ll get:
- A handy tool that will help you pinpoint exactly where all your paper is coming from. This visual handout will shed light on why you have paper clutter now and lay the foundation for eliminating it!
- Simple, effective steps to slow the inflow of paper right away! This step alone will dramatically reduce the amount of time you spend dealing with paper going forward, and give you instant feelings of relief that you will get a handle on your paper clutter.
- A simple process for putting together a compelling paper organizing goal statement. The clarity provided by this process will keep you focused and motivated as you begin organizing your paper and beyond. (And don’t worry—the goal setting process you’ll learn makes it simple to get to the heart of what you really want, even if you don’t love setting goals.)
In Lesson 2: The Paper Organizing Process – Collect + Decide, you will get:
- A simple decision-making process to help you easily sort through all of the paper in your home—from the daily mail to your paper backlog. You’ll no longer feel confused or frustrated because you aren’t sure which paper you have to keep and which paper you can pitch.
- A checklist for setting up a paper sorting area. You’ll begin managing your daily inflow of paper and digging out of backlog with ease and confidence.
- A quick reference chart that will help you easily put the lesson concepts into action while you sort your paper. You’ll handle your paper efficiently and confidently.
- Take the guesswork (and worry!) out of deciding which documents to keep and for how long, plus find out which documents you need to shred to keep your personal information safe.
Lesson 3: The Paper Organizing Process – Act + Store, includes:
- Professional organizing advice on selecting the best paper storage solutions—those that make sense based on how you naturally do things. You’ll stop wasting money on storage solutions that don’t work for you!
- Ideas for setting up a collection system for your incoming paper that integrates seamlessly into your home. You’ll no longer misplace important papers, creating an immediate sense of control.
- Step-by-step instructions for creating an action file and mail handling system that makes it simple to stay on top of this most important paper in your home and office. This system alone will give you tremendous peace of mind because you’ll always be able to find your important and time-sensitive papers.
- Information about what a tickler file is and if it is a good solution for you. Find out how this system solves one of the biggest breakdowns in other paper organizing systems.
- Two handy reference guides—that take the guesswork out of deciding exactly which systems you need to set-up to reign-in control over your paper.
- A bonus handout! “Creative + Fun Ideas for Paper Storage” shows you how to transform your paper organizing solutions from simply functional to supremely fabulous. It includes budget-stretching ideas that show you how to set up attractive paper organizing systems you’ll love using!
Lesson 4: Create Your Reference System reveals:
- How to set up systems for all of your reference paper so you can get these frequently accessed items off your refrigerator, counter top or desk, putting an end to stressful paper pile ups.
- Simple ways to organize your most troubling papers such as recipes, receipts and magazine clippings.
During Lesson 5: Create Your Archive Systems, you will find out:
- How to set up a customized archive system using file names that make sense to you. You’ll easily and quickly get your hands on these important permanent records any time you need them.
- Strategies for handling school papers and kids artwork so you can save the precious memories without having your kid’s paper take over your home.
- A special file map template to easily keep track of your file categories, making it simple to keep up your filing system. You’ll no longer forget where to find (or file!) an important document.
- How to select the right storage solutions for your archive systems so you can set up a system that works for you.
In Lesson 6: Use and Maintain Your Systems, you’ll get:
- Simple strategies for using, tweaking, and maintaining your paper organizing systems going forward. These ideas will ensure you continue to enjoy the freedom and peace of mind that comes from a paper clutter-free home.
- How to create a maintenance schedule for your paper systems so it’s easy to stay on top of your paper in the months ahead.
- Tips for putting the finishing touches on your paper organizing systems so you’ll love how they look and be more motivated to use them.
View a lesson sample:
Bonus Items Included with this Expert-guided Online Workshop:
- Bonus #1: Creative + Fun Ideas for Paper Storage. Find out how to transform your paper organizing solutions from simply functional to supremely fabulous. Includes budget-stretching ideas like step-by-step instructions for creating stylish file folders for a fraction of the cost of store bought folders.
- Bonus #2: Organize Your Paper Clutter at Work. Discover how to apply proven and effective paper organizing principles to your paperwork at work. Eliminate paper clutter at the office and get your work done efficiently.
- Bonus #3: How to Create a Home Reference Binder shows you how to build a completely customizable home reference binder that will save you time, make it simple to find frequently accessed papers, and eliminate a common source of paper clutter in your home.
Risk-free trial period for expert-guided session:
You can try our expert-guided workshops risk-free. If you decide our expert-guided session isn’t for you, simply cancel your enrollment before Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 5 PM US CST. We will give you a full, no-questions-asked refund. To cancel, simply contact us here.
- The Paper Clutter workshop has made a huge difference in my life, and I think it has saved me much more money than the course cost… Having the process so nicely broken down into weekly lessons and assignments kept it from being overwhelming, and the daily check-in really helped my new habits to gel. ~ Nancy from Portland, OR
- I was drowning in paper before taking this class. I read book after book, set up system after system and failed to maintain them each time…Aby’s system is by far the best out there. She takes you step by step through figuring out how to organize your paper FOR YOU. ~ DeeCee from Atlanta, GA
- This workshop was truly life changing for me. Paper no longer brings me anxiety nor do I dread it. I have systems in place and have developed lifelong habits for handling my paper. I highly recommend this workshop. ~ Kelly from Camp Hill, PA