Organize Your Creative Space Expert-Guided Online Workshop
Turn creative chaos into inspired order
At simplify 101 we believe organizing and creativity go hand-in-hand. Organizing creates space for creativity, and creativity makes organizing more fun! Whether you’re into scrapbooking, sewing, knitting, photography, painting, jewelry-making or other creative pursuits, this workshop shows you how to put together a functional and inspiring area, no matter how much room you have to work with!
- Do you feel like you spend all of your creative time sifting through creative clutter?
- Does it feel like as soon as you haul out your supplies, it’s time to put them away again?
- Are you regularly surprised to find supplies or tools you forgot you had? Or worse, are you regularly frustrated when you can’t put your hands on the things you know you have?
- Do you feel like your creative space zaps your creativity?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, there is a better way. And I’d love to share it with you! My name is Aby Garvey, and in addition to enjoying several creative hobbies, I’m the founder and co-owner of simplify 101. I’m also the author of The Happy Scrapper and co-author of The Organized & Inspired Scrapbooker.
I created Organize Your Creative Space because I am passionate about helping creative people find the perfect balance between creativity and organization, that place where a space is organized just right so it supports your creative process and inspires you. In the workshop I share my top tips and strategies for setting up an organized area that truly works for you. You’ll find out how to pull together a space that looks like you, thinks like you and allows you to enjoy your creative work even more. Best of all, you’ll learn how to create an organized space that inspires you and fuels your creativity.
How will you benefit from taking this online class?
- Get motivation and ideas to set up an organized craft room that is both functional and beautiful.
- Find out how to organize your creative work area and materials so you’re free to do the thing you love most—have fun, play and create!
- Discover the secrets to putting together a craft space based on how you think and work. In the process you’ll clear the barriers that get in the way of your creative process and enjoy your creative work even more!
- Find out how to select the best storage solutions to organize your creative tools and supplies. Select storage solutions that enhance your creative process, so you can easily find and use your creative tools and supplies, and stop wasting money on storage solutions that don’t work for you!
- I’ve mapped out the process of organizing your creative space, using an easy to follow, bite-sized approach. You’ll be able to confidently organize and declutter your space without feeling overwhelmed.
- When you’re finished with this workshop, you will have a creative space that fuels your creativity, making it more fun (and easier) to get more of your creative work done!
- Stay motivated and on-track. For 5 weeks, Monday through Friday organizing expert Aby Garvey will be on-hand to answer your questions, so you won’t get stuck!
- The lessons (and accompanying worksheets) are provided as colorful, printable, editable pdfs that you can download and save forever on your computer or tablet.
- Each lesson is also provided in audio (MP3) format so you can listen and learn on the go—in your car, on your commute to work, at the gym or while cleaning your house. You decide!
- Get four lessons released on Thursdays over the course of five weeks, giving you bite-sized content that’s easy to digest and put into action.
Format: Expert-guided, online course with lessons released weekly. View a sample of Lesson 1
Instructor: Aby Garvey
Start Date: September 12, 2013
End Date: October 17, 2013 (This is the final day of instructor participation.)
Duration: 4 lessons, 5 weeks
Schedule: View the workshop syllabus
Access to private online classroom: 1 year
Registration Status: Registration will close on September 18, 2013. Update: Registration has now closed.
Here’s what you get with Organize Your Creative Space:
Lesson 1: Get Inspired.
- I’ll walk you through a process that allows you to pinpoint the ideal conditions for your creative space. The insight gained from this process takes the guesswork out of setting up an organized space that will work great for you!
- You’ll go on a visual inspiration scavenger hunt and create an idea file for your project. This step will save you time and give you the confidence you need to create a space that isn’t just functional but visually appealing to you, too.
- You’ll find out a simple technique to become aware of your creative process. This lays the foundation for organizing your creative space so it supports your natural way of doing things, making it easier (and more fun) to do your creative work!
Lesson 2: Make a Plan and Start Declutering.
- I’ll map out how to put together a vision and a plan for your space. This will simplify the organizing process and ensure you’re happy with your space when you’re finished.
- You’ll find out a simple way to organize a multipurpose space so it easy to do your creative work and keep your space organized going forward. If maintaining order after you organize is a challenge for you, you won’t want to miss out on this simple but effective idea!
- You’ll get an overview of furniture options for your creative space so you can select furniture and arrange it with confidence and ease.
- I’ll share a simple approach to decluttering your creative tools and supplies. These ideas make it easy to make progress even if you’re short on time or get overwhelmed while decluttering.
- Bonus! Watch a video tour of my freshly organized creative space. I’ll show you my favorite organizing and storage solutions, and give you on-camera ideas for creating similar results in your space.
- Bonus! Gain access to the True Scrap II Video Class: Solutions for Small Scrapbook Spaces. You’ll see how to make the most of your scrapbook space even if it’s small, shared or temporary (like the kitchen table.) Plus, you’ll find out how to uncover hidden pockets of storage space for your supplies and make the most of your area with space-stretching storage solutions.
Lesson 3: Sort and Edit Your Creative Tools and Supplies
- I’ll share several options for decluttering and organizing your creative tools and supplies, plus pointers to help you choose the approach that will work best for you!
- You’ll get simple questions to ask while editing your supplies that will help you let go of things that no longer interest you and confidently decide what to keep going forward. These simple questions will help you feel good about clearing out your creative clutter.
- You’ll find out a simple way to make sure your decluttering efforts pay off and help you achieve the look, feel and functionality you want in your creative space.
- I’ll lay out eleven sorting tips to help you stay focused and work efficiently without getting overwhelmed.
Lesson 4: Create Your Organized and Inspiring Work Space
- I’ll share how to select containers that will support your creative process and give your room the functionality and style you crave. You won’t waste money on costly storage solutions that won’t work for you.
- You’ll find out simple and fun ways to make your space sparkle and inspire you on an ongoing basis. This step transforms your space from one that is simply functional into one that is inspiring and a place you really want to be.
- I’ll map out simple steps you can take to keep your space organized going forward. This step will ensure that you’ll continue to enjoy using your creative space for years to come!
- Bonus! In the video Decoupage Your Way to Creative Organizing Bliss, I’ll show you how to use decoupage to alter existing items to create one-of-a-kind storage pieces and accents for your space. The ideas in this video will help you breathe new life into outdated or unattractive storage pieces, allowing you to stretch your storage budget and create a one of a kind space.
- Bonus! In the Creative Storage Solutions Handout (PDF) you’ll get ideas for low-cost and free storage solutions—many of which you may already have in your home! Discover how to infuse your space with your personal creativity and style using the ideas from this handout.
- Bonus! Watch the Storage 101 Video to find out my secrets for selecting storage solutions that will work for you and your creative process! If you’re a visual learner, you won’t want to miss this video recap.
Risk-free trial period for this expert-guided session:
You can try our expert-guided workshops risk-free. If you decide our expert-guided session isn’t for you, simply cancel your enrollment before Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 5 PM US CST. We will give you a full, no-questions-asked refund. To cancel, simply contact us here.