Organize Your Creative Space
Turn creative chaos into inspired order
At simplify 101 we believe organizing and creativity go hand-in-hand. Organizing creates space for creativity, and creativity makes organizing more fun! Whether you’re into scrapbooking, sewing, knitting, photography, painting, jewelry-making or other creative pursuits, this workshop shows you how to put together a functional and inspiring area, no matter how much room you have to work with!
- Do you feel like you spend all of your creative time sifting through creative clutter?
- Does it feel like as soon as you haul out your supplies, it’s time to put them away again?
- Are you regularly surprised to find supplies or tools you forgot you had? Or worse, are you regularly frustrated when you can’t put your hands on the things you know you have?
- Do you feel like your creative space zaps your creativity?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, there is a better way. And I’d love to share it with you! My name is Aby Garvey, and in addition to enjoying several creative hobbies, I’m the founder and co-owner of simplify 101. I’m also the author of The Happy Scrapper and co-author of The Organized & Inspired Scrapbooker.
I created Organize Your Creative Space because I am passionate about helping creative people find the perfect balance between creativity and organization, that place where a space is organized just right so it supports your creative process and inspires you. In the workshop I share my top tips and strategies for setting up an organized area that truly works for you. You’ll find out how to pull together a space that looks like you, thinks like you and allows you to enjoy your creative work even more. Best of all, you’ll learn how to create an organized space that inspires you and fuels your creativity.
How will you benefit from taking this workshop?
- Get motivation and ideas to set up an organized craft room that is both functional and beautiful.
- Find out how to organize your creative work area and materials so you’re free to do the thing you love most—have fun, play and create!
- Discover the secrets to putting together a craft space based on how you think and work. In the process you’ll clear the barriers that get in the way of your creative process and enjoy your creative work even more!
- Find out how to select the best storage solutions to organize your creative tools and supplies. Select storage solutions that enhance your creative process, so you can easily find and use your creative tools and supplies, and stop wasting money on storage solutions that don’t work for you!
- I’ve mapped out the process of organizing your creative space, using an easy to follow, bite-sized approach. You’ll be able to confidently organize and declutter your space without feeling overwhelmed.
- When you’re finished with this workshop, you will have a creative space that fuels your creativity, making it more fun (and easier) to get more of your creative work done!
Here’s what you get with the Organize Your Creative Space workshop…
Lesson 1: Get Inspired.
- I’ll walk you through a process that allows you to pinpoint the ideal conditions for your creative space. The insight gained from this process takes the guesswork out of setting up an organized space that will work great for you!
- You’ll go on a visual inspiration scavenger hunt and create an idea file for your project. This step will save you time and give you the confidence you need to create a space that isn’t just functional but visually appealing to you, too.
- You’ll find out a simple technique to become aware of your creative process. This lays the foundation for organizing your creative space so it supports your natural way of doing things, making it easier (and more fun) to do your creative work!
Lesson 2: Make a Plan and Start Declutering.
- I’ll map out how to put together a vision and a plan for your space. This will simplify the organizing process and ensure you’re happy with your space when you’re finished.
- You’ll find out a simple way to organize a multipurpose space so it easy to do your creative work and keep your space organized going forward. If maintaining order after you organize is a challenge for you, you won’t want to miss out on this simple but effective idea!
- You’ll get an overview of furniture options for your creative space so you can select furniture and arrange it with confidence and ease.
- I’ll share a simple approach to decluttering your creative tools and supplies. These ideas make it easy to make progress even if you’re short on time or get overwhelmed while decluttering.
Lesson 3: Sort and Edit Your Creative Tools and Supplies
- I’ll share several options for decluttering and organizing your creative tools and supplies, plus pointers to help you choose the approach that will work best for you!
- You’ll get simple questions to ask while editing your supplies that will help you let go of things that no longer interest you and confidently decide what to keep going forward. These simple questions will help you feel good about clearing out your creative clutter.
- You’ll find out a simple way to make sure your decluttering efforts pay off and help you achieve the look, feel and functionality you want in your creative space.
- I’ll lay out eleven sorting tips to help you stay focused and work efficiently without getting overwhelmed.
Lesson 4: Create Your Organized and Inspiring Work Space
- I’ll share how to select containers that will support your creative process and give your room the functionality and style you crave. You won’t waste money on costly storage solutions that won’t work for you.
- You’ll find out simple and fun ways to make your space sparkle and inspire you on an ongoing basis. This step transforms your space from one that is simply functional into one that is inspiring and a place you really want to be.
- I’ll map out simple steps you can take to keep your space organized going forward. This step will ensure that you’ll continue to enjoy using your creative space for years to come!
Select the Option that’s Best for You!
|Delivery method||instant download||online|
|4 lessons / 87 pages of content (pdf)|
|Worksheets, checklists and forms|
|Lessons in MP3 audio format|
|Creative Space Video Tour|
|Decoupage Your Way to Creative Organizing Bliss|
|Solutions for Small Scrapbook Spaces|
|Creative Storage Solutions|
|Online web pages|
|Try the first lesson risk-free (see below)|
|Expert access for Q & A (Aby Garvey)||5 weeks|
|Access to private online classroom forum||1 year|
|Syllabus||click to view|
|Start||now||Feb. 14, 2013|
* The expert-guided session of this workshop is now closed. To be notified of upcoming sessions, please join our workshop notification list.
View a lesson sample:
Description of expert-guided bonuses
- Bonus #1: Creative Space Video Tour. Come along as I give you a video tour of my freshly organized creative space. I’ll show you my favorite organizing and storage solutions, and give you on-camera ideas for creating similar results in your space.
- Bonus #2: Decoupage Your Way to Creative Organizing Bliss Video. In this “show me” video, you’ll learn how to use decoupage to alter existing items to create one-of-a-kind storage pieces and accents for your space.
- Bonus #3: Solutions for Small Scrapbook Spaces, True Scrap II Video Class. In this bonus video class, you’ll learn how to make the most of your scrapbook space even if it’s small, shared or temporary (like the kitchen table.) Discover hidden pockets of storage space for your supplies and find out how to make the most of your area with space-stretching storage solutions.
- Bonus #4: Creative Storage Solutions Handout. Containers are the icing on the organizing cake! In this bonus PDF handout, you’ll get ideas for icing your organizing cake using your creativity. Get ideas for low-cost and free storage solutions—many of which you may already have in your home!
- Bonus #5: Storage 101 Video. In this bonus “show me” video, you’ll find out my secrets for selecting storage solutions that will work for you and your creative process! If you’re a visual learner, you won’t want to miss this video recap.
Risk-free trial period for expert-guided session:
You can try our expert-guided workshops risk-free. If you decide our expert-guided session isn’t for you, simply cancel your enrollment before Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 5 PM US CST. We will give you a full, no-questions-asked refund. To cancel, simply contact us here.