Organize Your Creative Space Self-Paced Online Class
Turn creative chaos into inspired order!
At simplify 101 we believe organizing and creativity go hand-in-hand. Organizing creates space for creativity, and creativity makes organizing more fun! Whether you’re into scrapbooking, sewing, knitting, photography, painting, jewelry-making or other creative pursuits, this online class shows you how to put together a functional and inspiring area, no matter how much room you have to work with!
How will you benefit from taking this self-paced class?
- Get motivation and ideas to set up an organized craft room that is both functional and beautiful.
- Find out how to organize your creative work area and materials so you’re free to do the thing you love most—have fun, play and create!
- Discover the secrets to putting together a craft space based on how you think and work. In the process you’ll clear the barriers that get in the way of your creative process and enjoy your creative work even more!
- Find out how to select storage solutions that enhance your creative process, so you can easily find and use your creative tools and supplies, and stop wasting money on storage solutions that don’t work for you!
- You’ll be able to confidently organize and declutter your space without feeling overwhelmed when you use the easy-to-follow, bite-sized approach of this class.
- When you’re finished with this class, you will have a creative space that fuels your creativity, making it more fun (and easier) to get more of your creative work done!
- 87 pages / 4 lessons of easy-to-implement content. Includes reading materials, questionnaires, checklists and planning forms delivered as colorful, printable, and editable pdfs. You can add notes to your handouts electronically and create a customized action plan without adding any paper clutter.
- Lifetime access to class materials on our website. (New!)
- Over 1.5 hours of bonus video. Videos are broken into segments for easy viewing. See details in the Bonus Items section below.
- Lesson audios in MP3 format. You can listen anywhere, making it easy for class ideas to sink in!
- Clear-cut action steps so you can create results quickly.
- Access to simplify 101’s member area for support and accountability. Includes a Frequently Asked Questions area with answers to the most commonly asked organizing questions. Plus, you can share your progress with community members and get support from simplify 101’s community leaders, helping you stay accountable and succeed in class. (New!)
- Delivery method: Self-paced online class. (Start anytime and continue at your own pace.)
- Materials format: Written (PDF and/or online webpages), video (complements written lessons) and audio (MP3s). All materials are downloadable. Use the format(s) that work best for you!
- Member area access: 6 months of access
- Access to lesson materials: Lifetime (New!)
- Price: $49
What others have said about Organize Your Creative Space:
- This workshop really made me think about my craft projects and goals, and what I want to focus on going further. Learning that it is OK not to finish things that are no longer of interest was a real revelation. I loved the “questions to ask when editing your supplies” – these really helped me to be honest with myself about what supplies I want to retain going forward. ~ Shari from Wellington, NZ
- I have never been organized and no one has ever shown me how and at the age of 63, it was definitely a revelation to learn some of the tips and tricks to it. I honestly never thought about how you could put some of this together. I’ve been a teacher for 19.5 years and it never occurred to me! This was very helpful!
~ Sue P. from IN
- Another winner! This workshop has helped me organise and make sense of my creative materials, so I’m now free to get one and do the thing I love the most… have fun, play and create! ~ Hannah from UK
Sneak Peek Inside Organize Your Creative Space:
My name is Aby Garvey, and in addition to enjoying several creative hobbies, I’m the founder and co-owner of simplify 101. I’m also the author of The Happy Scrapper and co-author of The Organized & Inspired Scrapbooker.
I created Organize Your Creative Space because I am passionate about helping creative people find the perfect balance between creativity and organization, that place where a space is organized just right so it supports your creative process and inspires you. In the workshop I share my top tips and strategies for setting up an organized area that truly works for you. You’ll find out how to pull together a space that looks like you, thinks like you and allows you to enjoy your creative work even more. Best of all, you’ll learn how to create an organized space that inspires you and fuels your creativity. Here’s a peek inside each lesson:
Lesson 1: Get Inspired.
You’ll find out how to pinpoint the ideal conditions for your creative space. The insight gained from this process takes the guesswork out of setting up an organized space that will work great for you! Next, you’ll go on a visual inspiration scavenger hunt and create an idea file for your project. This step will save you time and give you the confidence you need to create a space that is not only functional but also visually appealing to you, too. You’ll also find out a simple technique to become aware of your creative process. This lays the foundation for organizing your creative space so it supports your natural way of doing things, making it easier (and more fun) to do your creative work!
Lesson 2: Make a Plan and Start Decluttering.
You’ll put together a vision and a plan for your space that will simplify the organizing process and ensure you’re happy with your space when it’s finished. You’ll find out a simple way to organize a multipurpose space so it’s easy to do your creative work and keep your space organized going forward. If maintaining order after you organize is a challenge for you, you won’t want to miss out on this simple but effective idea! These ideas make it easy to make progress even if you’re short on time or get overwhelmed while decluttering.
Lesson 3: Sort and Edit Your Creative Tools and Supplies.
Discover several options for decluttering and organizing your creative tools and supplies, plus pointers to help you choose the approach that will work best for you! You’ll learn how to let go of things that no longer interest you and confidently decide what to keep going forward. Next, you’ll find out a simple way to make sure your decluttering efforts pay off and achieve the look, feel and functionality you want in your creative space. You’ll even get out eleven sorting tips to help you stay focused and work efficiently without getting overwhelmed.
Lesson 4: Create Your Organized and Inspiring Work Space.
Find out how to select containers that will support your creative process and give your room the functionality and style you crave. You won’t waste money on costly storage solutions that won’t work for you. Plus, get simple and fun ways to make your space sparkle and inspire you on an ongoing basis. This step transforms your space from one that is simply functional into one that is inspiring and a place you really want to be. Finally, you’ll discover simple steps you can take to keep your space organized going forward so that you’ll continue to enjoy using your creative space for years to come!
- Bonus #1: Watch a video tour of my freshly organized creative space. I’ll show you my favorite organizing and storage solutions, and give you on-camera ideas for creating similar results in your space. Viewing time is 21 minutes.
- Bonus #2: Gain access to the True Scrap II Video Class: Solutions for Small Scrapbook Spaces. You’ll see how to make the most of your scrapbook space even if it’s small, shared or temporary (like the kitchen table.) Plus, you’ll find out how to uncover hidden pockets of storage space for your supplies and make the most of your area with space-stretching storage solutions. This bonus class spans 4 video segments and has a total viewing time of 45 minutes.
- Bonus #3: In the video Decoupage Your Way to Creative Organizing Bliss, I’ll show you how to use decoupage to alter existing items to create one-of-a-kind storage pieces and accents for your space. The ideas in this video will help you breathe new life into outdated or unattractive storage pieces, allowing you to stretch your storage budget and create a one of a kind space. Viewing time is 7 minutes.
- Bonus #4: In the Creative Storage Solutions Handout (PDF) you’ll get ideas for low-cost and free storage solutions—many of which you may already have in your home! Discover how to infuse your space with your personal creativity and style using the ideas from this handout.
- Bonus #5: Watch the Storage 101 video to find out my secrets for selecting storage solutions that will work for you and your creative process! If you’re a visual learner, you won’t want to miss this video recap. Viewing time is 13 minutes.
We’re very confident our self-paced, online classes work, so we stand by them. If you are not satisfied with your class, we will give you a full, no-questions-asked refund within 30 days of purchase.