Get Organized for the Holidays Expert-Guided Online Workshop
Secrets to creating less stress + more joy this holiday season
This online class is the ultimate step-by-step guide to help you enjoy a more meaningful (and stress-free!) holiday season! Find out how to focus on what’s most important to you and your family, as well as how to weed-out and simplify those less meaningful holiday tasks. When you do, you will free your time to truly enjoy and savor those activities that make the holidays special to you. Plus, get simple tips and ideas to implement your plan so you stay energized and joyful all season long!
At simplify 101 we believe the best holiday gift you can give your loved ones is your own joy and happiness. But when your to-do list is a mile long and you don’t have a plan to get it all done, it’s hard to feel joyful, let alone enjoy the season. If you’re ready for a new plan—one that makes it possible to get your to-dos done with plenty of room for fun—join Get Organized for the Holidays. You’ll discover how to create a meaningful celebration filled with joy and happiness.
How will you benefit from this self-paced class?
- Determine what’s most important to you and your family to have a joyful holiday season.
- Create a customized holiday plan so you can get it all done. You’ll be organized, prioritized and energized!
- Gain practical, doable strategies for simplifying the key areas of your holiday preparations—from cooking, baking and entertaining, to shopping, wrapping and sending out holiday cards. You’ll free-up time to enjoy the holiday traditions and celebrations that matter most to you.
- Stay motivated and on-track. For 4 weeks, Monday through Friday, organizing expert Aby Garvey will be on-hand to answer your questions, so you won’t get stuck!
- The lessons (and accompanying worksheets) are provided as colorful, printable, editable pdfs that you can download and save forever on your computer or tablet.
- Each lesson is also provided in audio (MP3) format so you can listen and learn on the go—in your car, on your commute to work, at the gym or while cleaning your house. You decide!
- Get three lessons released on Thursdays over the course of 4 weeks, giving you bite-sized content that’s easy to digest and put into action.
- Share gift ideas, recipes, holiday traditions, photos, tips and more in the private workshop forum.
Format: Expert-guided, online course with lessons released weekly.
Instructor: Aby Garvey
Start Date: October 31, 2013
End Date: November 27, 2013 (This is the final day of instructor participation.)
Class Time: Anytime that fits your schedule! There’s no set time to log in and access your class materials. Once a lesson is released, you can access it 24/7 for a full year.
Duration: 3 lessons, 4 weeks. (Your instructor will be available to answer your questions for 4 weeks.)
Schedule: View the workshop syllabus
Access to private online classroom: 1 year
Special Note: This session of Get Organized for the Holidays will be the last (ever) expert-guided session of this workshop.
Registration Status: This workshop is now in progress, but you are welcome to join. All previously released materials will be made available immediately upon entering the workshop. Registration will close on November 13, 2013.
Here’s what you get with Get Organized for the Holidays:
Lesson 1: Get Inspired
- Create a holiday inspiration statement that will serve as your compass throughout the holiday season. Your inspiration statement will alleviate stress by reminding you what’s most important to you.
- Set up a holiday planner loaded with holiday planning forms, checklists, and best of all, your customized holiday plan. Whether you decide to make it decorative, or keep it purely functional, this binder will be your go-to organizing resource as you move through the holiday season. (View planner supply list here.)
- Use the included colorful planning forms to help you organize all aspects of the holidays.
Lesson 2: Get Organized
- Create a customized holiday plan that breaks down the big project called “the holidays” into manageable steps. Best yet, you’ll find out how to fill your holidays with activities you actually enjoy!
- Prioritize your holiday to-do list, so each activity on your list has a designated week in which to be accomplished. This step will alleviate stress and worry about how you’ll get everything done in time.
- Bonus handout! In “Tips to Simplify the Season,” professional organizer Aby Garvey shares her favorite strategies for simplifying every aspect of the holiday season including entertaining, decorating, gift-giving, gift-wrapping and sending cards. These ideas will help you save time on activities you don’t enjoy, giving you more time for the things you do like doing.
Lesson 3: Stay Energized
- EnJOY your holidays! The goal for this lesson is to help you stay energized and joyful throughout the holiday season using straightforward and simple techniques.
- Find out how to turn your weekly holiday plan into a manageable, daily to-do list. This step takes the stress out of getting your holiday to-dos done.
- As you implement your plan for the holidays, the ideas in this lesson show you ways to evaluate how things are going so you can enjoy the season. You’ll also get suggestions to tweak your plan, if needed, so you’re relaxed and calm all season long.
- Discover simple ways to stay focused on what’s most important to you throughout the holiday season, so the season is filled with meaning and joy.
Risk-free trial period for expert-guided session:
You can try our expert-guided workshops risk-free. If you decide this session isn’t for you, simply cancel your enrollment before Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at 5 p.m. U.S. CST. We will give you a full, no-questions-asked refund. To cancel, simply contact us here.